Saturday, March 19, 2016

Care Packages

CARE PACKAGES!

I've had a few people ask what things I would like in care packages. I don't need anything, but here are things that would make my life easier or more enjoyable for a day. I also urge you to consider donating to the Red Cross instead of sending me packages if you are wanting to help Fiji. Therefore, I've made the following list of things that would help me for my school and village:

Food Things:
  • Ground coffee
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Taco Seasoning
  • Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • Packaged Chili Seasonings
  • Velveeta Mac and Cheese...hidden in another box
Misc. for Village
  • Cheap kids games (like pick up sticks, dominos, chinese checkers, checkers, etc)
  • Flash Drive with movies and music on them
  • Coloring stuff (this tends to walk off and not come back)
  • 2 black out curtains- cream or khaki
  • Americana fun things
  • Americana Fabric (2 yrd a piece) for skirts for people in village
  • Kids books on world or American history
  • Ant bait that kills the whole colony
  • American Flag
  • Big World Map
  • Sports Equipment (baseball, football, basketball)
  • Educational Magazines (discover kids)
  • Twin Bed Bug Cover
  • Bed Bug Powder (please)
  • Pool Toys
Music Stuff:
  • Guitar strings size 11, acoustic 
  • Guitar Picks
  • Hand held percussion instruments
  • Sheet Music or Lead Sheets
What NOT to send: 
  • Easy Mac (I can do this, but it doesn't work as well without a microwave)
  • Biohazard materials
  • Expensive Electronics
  • Volleyball, rugby or soccerballs
  • batteries
  • towels, plates, or other home-y supplies
  • mace
  • Electronics not built for humidity
  • Fans
  • Electronics that cannot be used in 240V
  • Clothes
  • Leather Shoes
  • Blankets
  • Jackets

No comments:

Post a Comment